Saturday, February 16, 2013

If You Could Speak Privately to a Soap Opera Actor, Who Would It Be and What Would You Say?

Susan Lucci (Erica Kane - AMC), Roger Howarth (Todd Manning - OLTL), Finola Hughes (Anna Devane - GH)
All My Children

Susan Lucci (Erica Kane) – I would choose Susan Lucci who for me IS soap opera as AMC's Erica Kane. I would first say thank you for all of the years of incredible entertainment she has given me, my family, and her fans. Then I would ask her what, aside from family and her career, her greatest passion is and what is something she does for herself alone that brings her joy.

One Life to Live/General Hospital

Roger Howarth (Todd Manning) – I would choose Roger Howarth because he has such a wonderful presence and bright spirit.  I would say thank you to Roger for sharing his wonderful talent as an actor with his audience. Then I would ask him three things: 1) What moment stands out for him that brings him the most joy; 2) Where in the world can/does he go where he feels most at peace; and 3) paper or plastic? - just to hear his laughter.

General Hospital

Finola Hughes (Anna Devane) – I choose Finola Hughes because she is so full of grace and lights up a scene every time she is on camera. I would thank her for her impeccable work throughout the years and for being a role model and example of grace and integrity for women. Then I would ask her aside from her career and family, what brings her the most pleasure and why.

Who would you like to speak with and what would you say?

1 comment:

  1. Call me a cliche' but I would want to talk with AMC's Susan Lucci. I'm a guy who's never had any luck with women and it would be an amazing experience for me to be in front of her, face to face, and try to keep my jaw from dropping. I would ask her why she didn't keep a hidden audio recorder for her backstabb.... I mean "meeting" with Brian Frons. I would also ask her that if PP were to make financial reparations for the New York to LA move, would she come back to AMC as Erica Kane; and let's face it, she was born for that role. After some more questions, I would ask her if she would conclude our talk with her patented slap. I'd even sign a release for whatever hand print was left on my very proud face.

    For OLTL, I'd want to get together with Michael Easton and Thorsten Kaye. For Michael, I'd only comment that I really liked him teaming up with Andrea Evans and being the voice of baby Liam. As for Roger, I'd ask if anybody suggested that what Todd did to Victor Jr. was the result of being "programmed" as a sleeper agent; an assassin who didn't know he was one until he received orders to carry out the mission and then forget what he had done.

    ReplyDelete