Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Would Michael E. Knight make a good addition to General Hospital


Recently there has been a rumor circulating around the Internet that Michael E. Knight AKA All My Children's (AMC) Tad the Cad Martin is being considered for a role on General Hospital (GH).  Although there has been no word from GH or Disney/ABC the rumor continues to have its flames fanned.

The rumor has ignited Michael E. Knight fans and AMC fans to speculate whether he might be considered for an existing GH role, new role, or as Tad Martin of Pine Valley coming to Port Charles (the Tad Martin character is currently part of the Prospect Park bankruptcy case and would likely not be available for use).  While Soapers speculate whether the rumor is true or whether Michael E. Knight would be a good fit for GH he has not weighed in publicly whether he would be interested or not.  One thing is clear, his fans are and if they weren't already watching GH, they would be with him on board.

After how poorly Michael E. Knight was treated by Disney/ABC previously it is unknown whether he would be interested in working for the same company again.  His fans hope that one way or another he joins some show so they can enjoy his work once again.  Hey!  Maybe he's holding out for his own show! ;-)  Wouldn't that be awesome!!!

Would you like to see Michael E. Knight join the General Hospital cast?  Who would you like to see him play?

23 comments:

  1. Michael would make a great addition to GH! I could see him in any number of roles: doctor, PI, corporate exec, bar owner...
    I would just love to see him! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Robynne! Yes, he could play a janitor and we would love to see him! :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Callie! Yes he is #Awesome !

      Delete
  3. I would LOVE to see MEK playing any character on TV.. I sure miss him! But if he played Tad Martin on GH.. wow! I would never miss that! I hope this rumor pans out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Blippie! Same here! So many fans are saying the same thing - they would watch #GH if Michael E. Knight joined.

      Delete
    2. Not just Tad but ANY character would be welcomed!

      Delete
    3. Tina thank you for your comment! YES! Any character, any show - just bring him back so we can enjoy his incredible talent!

      Delete
  4. YES YES YES!!!! I would start watching soaps and GH again! After AMC was canceled I stopped watching everything. BRING ON MK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would watch MEK sit and read a newspaper. Anything! I like General Hospital and watch it pretty regularly, but if MEK was on, I would never miss a minute. I loved Tad the Cad. I miss MEK's brilliant work, and I'll be so happy to see him again if this proves to be true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your reply Mary Lou! Yes, I would watch MEK if he was doing nothing at all onscreen! Unfortunately this was no more than rumor. You voice the sentiment of many comments I have seen: If Michael E. Knight were on #GH #GeneralHospital so many would watch the show who do not currently and so many would never miss a minute! Hopefully the enormous fan reaction to this rumor will show how loved he is by his tremendous fan base.

      Delete
  6. I think MEK would be a great addition to any show or film, not just GH. But I really miss seeing him on TV. If he were to be on GH I'd tune in, and I have never been a GH viewer. Pacing seemed to be different than AMC & OLTL which were both east coast shows. But Jean Passanante is writing over there now. I think she'd do well by him. I'd prefer my Tad back, but maybe it would be more enticing to him to play someone new, more edgy, maybe a little dangerous... but he has to have humor. That's a must. I wonder when PP's ownership of the characters ends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Claudine! Your comment, like so many I have seen where this blog has been shared have the same sentiment - they would begin to watch #GH #GeneralHospital or any other show if Michael joined the cast. Maybe he is holding out for his own show? Wouldn't that be something! :-)

      Delete
  7. Yes, PLEASE! I am a huge MEK fan, and I really miss seeing him on TV. He is such a talented soap actor and could do WONDERS for GH, which really needs a boost right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alicia thank you for your comment! So many would tune in just to see Michael if he were to join any show!

      Delete
  8. Might watch GH just to see MK again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Karen! Yes, so many are saying that!

      Delete
  9. Yes to Michael! Anytime, any place, any character. GH could use the incredible humor Michael brings to his portrayals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bring back Michael E Knight....he is Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will be appearing on The Young and the Restless beginning October 15th! :-)

      Delete