Thursday, January 31, 2013

After Opening Credits What Would You Like to See on the First Relaunched Episodes of AMC and OLTL?




First, after opening credits, I would love to see a message from Agnes Nixon introducing the new era of each show.

There has been much debate on the Internet over whether the shows should pick up where they left off on Disney/ABC, whether they should begin anew, and what story lines should or should not be included in the relaunched shows. For me, I am completely thrilled that soap fans can have these discussions, debates, and banter – Viva AMC! Viva OLTL!

I am so thrilled about these shows coming back that it really doesn't matter to me what story lines they pursue as long as they are thoughtful, well-written, and stay true to Pine Valley, Llanview, and the original citizens in both towns. Of course ultimately the story lines will be very dependent on what actors Prospect Park secures for the relaunches, and some recasting will likely occur. I am hoping that Prospect Park recognizes that some of the characters in Pine Valley and Llanview are sacred and hope they do not try to recast these roles. Just because some actors many not be available or interested in joining these projects initially does not preclude them from being available or having interest as the shows have time to evolve and prove themselves to be the quality programming they once were.

What would you like to see after the open credits air in April?


4 comments:

  1. They should start anew, A LOT has happened since both shows left us, but I do think they should keep them in real time with GH, especially OLTL, because of McBain, Todd and Starr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also would like to see a message from Agnes first, before any scenes actually roll.

    Then I don't mind if they pick up where they left off - but I think having some time to have passed is a better way to go.

    I also understand about schedules and commitments, but I also hope they do not recast certain roles, I would like them to wait until their schedule works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with what you said. It would be wonderful to see a message from Agnes. I'd like the stories to pick up where they left off, allowing a little time to have passed.

    Since we have David & Cara for AMC, I'd like to see them with their baby. Although David can be evil, I'd like to see him with a healthy baby for once. He didn't know about Babe & Marissa until they were adults, Leora died, Krystal lost their baby, and Trevor turned out not to be David's. I'd like to see the poor guy have a child to raise. It would be interesting to see him as a father. He can cause havoc, but hopefully not in his family.

    On OLTL, I'd like them to borrow Todd from GH, and get Trevor St. John back. The Todd and Victor Jr. story was great. I'd like some resolution, and to find out why Allison Perkins had Victor tied up at the end. It was a great cliffhanger, and I'd like to see them run with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On OLTL I'd like to see

    first: Roxy watching the reboot of Fraternity Row on her computer, then she notices the time & realizes she's late for Vikki & Clint's wedding.

    Second: cut to Llanfair where the wedding is about to commence.

    ReplyDelete