Friday, April 13, 2012

Who/What Have You Named After a Soap Opera Character?

Ruth Warwick as Phoebe Tyler Wallingford


Soap Opera:           All My Children

Character Name:     Phoebe

In the Spring of 1990, we got a black female kitten.  We named her Phoebe after Ruth Warwick's character Phoebe Tyler Wallingford in All My Children.  Phoebe lived a very adventurous life traveling cross-country more than once and being a bi-coastal cat for a while.  Phoebe passed away in 2006 at the ripe old age of sixteen and is still remembered with great affection and love.

7 comments:

  1. *looks around* My daughter's middle name is 'Elizabeth'. Partly for the current queen of England, but mostly for my favorite soap queen, 'Elizabeth Webber'...just don't tell my husband, ok? ;)
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've drawn some of the actors.

    Susan Lucci drawing-
    http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/526803_398253543532090_212411842116262_1376299_876199606_n.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter was named after Marissa Rampul in the 80s. Marissa was a character on All My Children. Jeremy Hunter's old flame! I loved the name then and do now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister and I named our china dolls after general hospital Holly, Monica, Leslie, Bobbie, Felicia....
    I have a daughter name Anna and another named Alexis Davis. She has a rare chromosome disorder so we got a lot of doctor appointments in and of state. I had only 4 GH fans come up and tell me that their a Alexis Davis on GH. One was a guy from church. I hope some day my Alexis can meet the other Alexis. I would love to do a fundraiser for her disorder with the Alexis from Gh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was a kid, I named my diaries Josette and Angelique from Dark Shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was named after Tiffany Hill on General Hospital. I haven't named anyone / anything after a soap opera, but tried to name my daughter Isabella because of Belle on Days of Our Lives. My husband vetoed it.

    ReplyDelete